Let's talk about past weekend (a very long one: from tuesday to sunday :D). I had a great time in Friuli where I went to see Rhcp's concert and stay a few days with friends, both who live up there and who came for the concert, like my tesorina. We spent days visiting places, eating as pigs, relaxing at pubs, chatting around and sleeping. I'm totally in love with this land: nature is gorgeous, with green everywhere, great oleanders as I'm use to see down in Sicily and many fields of grapes. This takes me to wine: it has been a good ingredient of my journey ;)
Udine is a lively town, it seems custum-cut for young people: pubs, coffee bar, wine bar, restaurants, game room, one after the other. In Gorizia I spent a very little time, it seemed to me much quiet than Udine but I appreciate it too. Trieste is wonderful, it has a fantastic atmosphere: there's mitteleuropa in the air, mixed with a lot of beautiful people and joy of life. Piazza Unità d'Italia and the streets around it remind me both Vienna and Venezia, less austere than the first and more "tidy" than the second. Near this town there's Miramare Castle, a very fabulous mansion on a cliff with a museum inside and a big park around.
And last, but not least at all, Cormons, the village where our friend lives. It's little, nice and very welcoming. I noticed that this place is the opposite from where I live, even if they're almost equal for number of inhabitants. In Cormons there's little traffic, no grass who needs some cutting, shopkeepers smile when you enter and you can leave almost everything in a car without finding it broke open.
Later others details and the Must list
giovedì 5 luglio 2007
Mandi!
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento